Activities done in 2013-14:
1) All data in 25 districts regarding PWDs computerized. One lac twelve thousand PWDs including male ,female, children registered with the Social Welfare Department in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and it is anticipated that around 1700000( Seventeen lac persons with disabilities) are living in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
2) An amount of Rs,71 million was disbursed among 29000 PWDs (including male , female and children) through proper advertisement in News Papers and in public gatherings through elected representatives. This exercise was done for the first time in the history of the province.
3) The provincial Government notified building Code with the Directions to all executing agencies to ensure ramps for the PWDs in the new buildings.
4) Higher Education Department issued notification with the Directions to all Universities for free education for PWDs.
5) The Social Welfare Department pursued the implementation of 2% quota and recovered an amount of Rs.45 lac (4500000) in the last six months of the last financial year at the rate of Rs.2000 per month.
6) Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Foundation for the PWDs established with an initial allocation of Rs.500 million.
7) National Sports gala arranged for PWDs which was attended by more than 300 players from all provinces and FATA.
8) Attendance of students in Special Education Institutes enhanced from 45 % to 85 % by activating the Parents teachers councils.
9) Free education, transport and food provided to all hostalized students in all Special Education Institutes in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
10) First Provincial Special Education Policy of Inclusive Education drafted and the same is in final stage.
11) Financial assistance was granted to 34 Voluntary Social Welfare Agencies in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
12) Tour Programs were arranged for the students of Special Education Institutes.
13) MOU was signed with CHEF International for strengthening of all Special Education Institutes and capacity bulding of the Staff of special Education Institutes.
14) Meetings were held with the Election Commission of Pakistan and NADRA to develop a special mechanism for PWDs regarding their NICs , vote registration and vote casting. Survey/Census of PWDs in collaboration with Election Commission of Pakistan has started and the same will be replicated in rest of the provinces.
15) Free of cost artificial limbs provided to 2400 PEDs and purchases of 5.6 millions made for ALW.
Activities Planned for 2014-15:
1) Up-gradation of Special Education Center Hayat Abad into Center of Excellence for Higher Education and Training of Special Education Staff. PC-1 Prepared and allocation made by the Provincial Government.
2) Major Amendments in the Law of PWDs in last stage.
3) Establishment of first Brail Printing Press approved by the Provincial Government in Budget.
4) Purchase of Brail Type Writers for Special Education Institutes in process.
5) Three new schools including two for disabled Girls in process and included in current ADP.
6) Training of staff for Institutes of Special Educations in collaboration with JICA in progress.
7) Penalty of non implementation of 2% quota enhanced from Rs.2000 per month to 10000.
8) Provision of 160 lap tops to Special Education Institutes in process.
9) An amount of 70 million rupees is likely to be disbursed among PWDs through open advertisement in News papers.
10) 03 million grant for VSWAs working for PWDs.
11) Allocation of 118 million as non- operational grant for Social Welfare and all Special Education Institutes.
11) Capacity building of staff of Special Education Institutes.
12) Establishment of Special Education Department in major Universities.
13) Implementation of 2% quota for PWDs.
14) Sports Competition 2014-15.
15) Study Tours.
16) Allocation of Rs.200 million for Tanzeem- Lissayel- Walmahroom for orphans and PWDs.
17) Financial Assistance for PWDs through Provincial Foundation for PWDs with an allocation of Rs,500 million.
Major activities of the Social Welfare, Special Education & Women Empowerment Department during the 1st quarter of Financial Year 2014-15: -
iii. 140121-Establishment of School for Hearing Impaired Children in District Buner and MR&PH in District Malakand.
vii) 140127 - Strengthening of Existing Darul Amans in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
1) Full fledged residential school one each for boys and girls in each district which has no such school
2) At least five Inter colleges.
3) Special Education Department in Each public sector university.
4) Representation of PWDs in Senate, National Assembly, Provincial Assemblies and Local Government Institutes.
5) Scholarships for all students with disabilities.
6) Rehabilitation of PWDs